Thanks to your support of our schools by reading these updates.
As our schools begin Spring Break, take a minute to take some action to continue to show your support in other ways:
1) Sign the petition asking the School Board to remember our priorities as we fought for their budget and share it with your friends: https://www.change.org/petitions/loudoun-county-school-board-fix-the-salary-scale-improve-bandwidth-reduce-elementary-class-sizes-expand-fdk
2) Let your School Board members know directly your thoughts on closing the $38 million gap. All the ways to contact them are here: http://www.sosloudoun.org/2014/04/what-really-matters.html
3) Commit to fighting for needed investment for our schools in next year's budget, the last before all members of both boards face election. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to attend an upcoming meeting of our group to organize that effort.
4) Thank Leesburg Supervisor Ken Reid for his support of our schools and/or let your supervisors know what you thought of their vote to lower the tax rate that created the need to cut the budget by $38 million. Contact info is here: http://www.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=2178
5) Put the following dates on your calendar to continue following the process. Plan to attend or speak if you choose. All meetings are at the School Admin Building in Ashburn at 6:30pm:
April 21 public hearing on closing small schools
April 22 regular school board meeting with the budget discussions continued
April 23 special work session to continue budget discussion and possible adoption.